To celebrate Grenada’s 37th year of Independence, Real Value IGA is holding our first ever Independence Photo Challenge!
This is no ordinary photo contest. Your photos should capture the unique spirit of the Grenadian people or Grenada in general. The twist is, that your photos must feature an IGA brand product somewhere in the shot. This is an excellent chance to have a little fun and get creative.
You may submit up to 3 photos during the submission phase (January 28th 2011 – February 15th 2011) by either emailing them to email@example.com, or by dropping them off on a CD at our Customer Service desk. Submissions must be accompanied by the participant’s name, address, and contact number.
At the end of the submission phase, submitted photos will be added to an album on the Company’s Facebook Page for judging by our Facebook members. A shortlist of 10 will go on to the final judging phase.
You could walk away with a 42″ 720p Panasonic Plasma HDTV!
For full rules please read the following:
INDEPENDENCE PHOTO CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY
This contest is being staged in line with the celebration of Grenada’s 37th year of Independence. Photos submitted must feature a person or people in a manner that highlights the Grenadian culture and encapsulates the spirit of Independence. The defining condition being that photos must include at least one IGA branded product in the shot.
Eligibility: Real Value IGA Independence Photo Challenge is open to everyone who resides in the State of Grenada Carriacou and Petite Martinique. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and have access to the Company’s website as well as have a Facebook account. Please note that creating a Facebook account is free. Employees of Real Value IGA Supermarket, as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members are not eligible.
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and all decisions by the sponsor which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as specified in this document.
Timing: The Contest begins on Friday January 28, 2011 at 12:00 noon and ends on February 28, 2011 at 12:00 noon. The contest consists of three phases as outlined in the chart below:
How to Enter: During the Submission Phase, persons can enter the Contest by emailing their photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a CD labeled ‘Real Value IGA Independence Photo Challenge’ to our Customer Service desk.
• The Submission must be in jpg format.
• The Submission must not exceed 15MB in size.
• Submissions may be captioned.
• Submissions must be accompanied by complete contact details of the entrant.
• The Submission, or any portion it, must not have been previously submitted in a promotion of any kind.
• Entrants agree that their submission can automatically be used in the sponsors’ promotional and marketing material. Credit will be given to the photographer for any such use.
• The Submission must not include any private information of a third party such as name, address, phone number, or email address;
• The Submission must contain an image of any IGA branded product.
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes on another person’s rights.
• The Submission must not in any way denigrate the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest.
• The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by the Sponsor, which entrants have a limited license to use for the sole purpose of creating and uploading their Submission in this Contest.
• The Submission must not contain text, images or artwork not created by entrant.
• The Submission must not contain material that the Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
• The Submission must not contain material that the Sponsor deems to promote prejudice, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the state of Grenada Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
Each entrant may submit up to 3 Submissions during the Submission Phase. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any entrant who attempts to submit more than the stated number of Submissions may be disqualified from this Contest. Real Value IGA will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
a. Rating Phase: During this Phase, residents of the State of Grenada, Carriacou, and Petite Martinique are invited to rate the submissions which will be posted on Facebook, by clicking on the “like” link. Any person participating in this phase may give each Submission or their submission of choice, a “like” no more than 1 time. The 10 unique entrants whose Submissions received the highest scores will each be a potential Grand Prize winner At the conclusion of the Customer Rating Phase, the Submissions that receive the greatest number of “like” votes will move into the Finalist Submissions stage. In the event of a tie, the Submission that received its “like” votes in the shortest amount of time will be deemed the Finalist Submission.
b. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Real Value IGA at its sole discretion, will review and judge the Finalists based on the following criteria: 1. Visual appeal criteria (20%) 2. Content (25%) 3. Creativity (30%) 4. Technical Composition (25%).
Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone on or around February 25th, 2010. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that the Sponsor use the winner’s name, address, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
1st Prize – One 42″ Panasonic Plasma 720p HDTV
2nd Prize – $500.00 Shopping Voucher
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Real Value IGA Supermarket, and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to select the winners and fulfill the prizes.